Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 100
Perform pressure monitoring safely, accurately, and confidently with the freshly updated Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual!
Hundreds of drawings, flow charts, photos, and diagrams offer essential background on cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology, nursing principles, and current hemodynamic monitoring technology, in the popular and colorful Made Incredibly Visual style.
This easy-to-follow, easy-to-remember content will help you prepare for the NCLEX or certification exam, get clear on concepts discussed in class, and simply upgrade your pressure monitoring skills.
The updated 3rd edition includes brand new and updated content covering:
- Current nursing practice guidelines for hemodynamic monitoring
- Complete and current directions for procedures such as: changing a CV dressing; CV and PA catheter insertion; arterial line insertion; handling a displaced arterial line; and troubleshooting pressure monitoring systems
- Directions and images that explain the latest pressure monitoring technology, and current circulatory and ventricular assist devices
- You'll also get colorful, real-life guidance on vital topics and step-by-step monitoring guidelines including:
- Anatomy and functions of the cardiac and pulmonary systems
- Pressure monitoring systems - square wave testing; leveling and zeroing the transducer o Arterial pressure monitoring
- Central venous pressure monitoring
- Pulmonary artery pressure monitoring
- Cardiac output monitoring
- Tissue oxygenation and monitoring
- Minimally invasive hemodynamic monitoring
Hemodynamic Monitoring Made Incredibly Visual!