Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 4th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Backed by humor and chock full of illustrations, this enjoyable text is the perfect backup to class materials and the ideal on-the-job refresher for experienced nurses and all healthcare professionals. Learn how to decipher complex terms from the roots up—and take your confidence to a whole new level.
Be expertly guided through the choppy waters of medical terminology:
- NEW and updated content clarifies medical terminology concepts with clear definitions and illustrations
- Explains the meanings, roots, and pronunciation of terms as used in everyday practice, including: names for all major body systems; terms and phrases used in maternal health, pharmacology, and mental health
- Breaks down complex medical terms into recognizable components--common prefixes, roots, and suffixes--to help you identify the meaning of any term
- Offers a strong anatomy and physiology overview backed by numerous images, including a large image of each organ system
- Chapter features provide learning aids and on-the-unit support
Medical Terminology Made Incredibly Easy!