Publication Year: 2018
Edition: 6th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Barkovich, A. James; Raybaud, Charles
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 80
This newest addition of the comprehensive Pediatric Neuroimaging combines thousands of images with detailed textual descriptions to help you diagnose a wide range of brain, spinal, and head and neck disorders in the pediatric patient.
The authors have chosen a clear, concise writing style that encourages you to grasp information quickly. By dealing with a broad range of disorders, from everyday problems to less common ones, and explaining how to recognize and differentiate them, this book offers you the opportunity to provide a concise differential diagnosis on most patients you are likely to encounter in your practice.
New to the 6th Edition:
- More than 2,500 high-quality illustrations, drawings, photographs, and figures
- Emphasizes CT and MRI imagery—widely regarded as the optimal modalities for assessing and diagnosing children
- Chapters organized by disease group, and describe the pathologic bases of each disorder to illustrate important clinical contexts
- Broadly discusses common imaging techniques in children, as well as images of normal childhood development in the brain, skull, and spine
- Displayed lists of disorders help quickly identify a disorder within the text