Get ready to provide efficient, informed patient care, with the newly updated Professional Guide to Diseases, 11th Edition.
This comprehensive guide offers the causes, signs and symptoms for more than 600 disorders, with expert nursing direction on tests, assessments, diagnosis, treatments, and special considerations.
Whether you are a student preparing for board certification or are a new or experienced nurse, this is vital support for understanding correct treatment of the common conditions seen almost daily.
Build up your ground-floor knowledge of a wide range of common disorders and diseases:
- NEW full-color figures and illustrations
- Boxed text on pathophysiology and prevention that helps reinforce difficult concepts
- Icons that emphasize important concepts: Elderly Tip, Pediatric Tip, Clinical Alert, Life-Threatening Disorder, and Confirming Diagnosis
- Consistent template that makes information quick and easy to find yet comprehensive enough to offer complete coverage of a group of similar diseases
- Expert guidance that leads you to targeted, cost-effective testing
- Chapters offer a thorough grounding in:
- Disorders found in individual body systems – Cardiovascular; respiratory; neurologic; gastrointestinal; hepatobiliary; musculoskeletal; renal and urologic; immune; hematologic; metabolic and nutritional; endocrine; eye; ear, nose and throat; skin; genetic; obstetric and gynecologic; sexual; and psychiatric
- Malignant neoplasms – Head, neck and spine; thorax; abdomen and pelvis; male and female genitalia; bone, skin and soft tissue; blood and lymph
- Infection – Gram-positive cocci, gram-negative cocci, gram-positive bacilli, gram-negative bacilli, spirochetes and mycobacteria, mycoses, respiratory viruses, rash-producing viruses, enteroviruses, arbovirus, miscellaneous viruses, rickettsia, protozoa, helminths
- Trauma – Head, neck and spine, thorax, abdomen, extremities, whole body
- Updated information on rare diseases, potential agents of bioterrorism, and complementary and alternative therapies for specific conditions, with additional coverage for more than 50 life-threatening disorders
- Detailed guidance on hundreds of commonly seen disorders and diseases in easy-to-read language — ideal for both graduate and undergraduate study
- Offers new nurses the confidence to function fully while building on-the-unit skills and know-how
- Acts as a solid resource — informative, concise and organized for easy reference
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Willis, Laura
Dictionaries & Word References
Primary Care/Family Medicine/General Practice
Edition: 11th Ed.