Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 4th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Wenger, Dennis R.; Pring, Maya E.; Pennock, Andrew T.; Upasani, Vidyadhar V.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 96
With an image-focused, non-traditional layout that differs from most medical textbooks, the fourth edition of this classic textbook on children’s fractures for over 40 years expands to four editors, all faculty members of Rady Children’s Hospital at the University of California, San Diego.
This edition maintains the book’s practical, playful style and emphasizes diagnosis, treatment, common pitfalls, and communication with parents and other healthcare professionals.
- Designed for medical students, physician’s assistants, residents, emergency room doctors, general orthopaedists, and children’s orthopaedists.
- Hundreds of photographs and illustrations, succinctly captioned for quick comprehension.
- Overviews of biomechanics, injury, and treatment of the shoulder, clavicle, wrist, and other bodily regions prone to injury.
- Comparisons of childhood and adult fractures and injuries, and discussions of accident prevention and risk.
- New information on orthopaedic sports medicine surgery to match the topic’s growing popularity across medical curricula.
- Chapter on casts in children expanded with more detail and illustrations.