Publication Year: 2011
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Wound Care Made Incredibly Visual! second edition is an innovative reference that combines detailed photographs and graphics with concise, informative text to make the complex concepts of wound care easy to understand.
Thoroughly updated with the latest clinical practice guidelines and documentation, this new approach to clinical content maximizes the power of visual thinking by ""showing"" as well as ""telling"" about the latest wound care information techniques. The highly visual nature of this book makes the fundamentals and advancements in the treatment of wounds clear and understandable, enabling quick review and comprehension for practical application.
New features include:
* A new chapter on atypical wounds
* Additional wound care treatments, including hyperbaric oxygen and electrical stimulation
* A new ""Special Attention"" icon to address concerns for the bariatric patient, including skin problems, wound management and pressure ulcer prevention
* Special features include:
* ""Best dressed"" icon highlights tips on dressing wounds and choosing wound dressings
* Hundreds of full-color wound graphics
* Key terms defined and explained, clearly and simply
* ""Memory board"": visual mnemonics
* One-page ""Vision Quest,"" a visually-oriented variation on the Incredibly Easy! Quick Quiz
Wound Care Made Incredibly Visual!