Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 5th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Jaffe, Richard A.; Schmiesing, Clifford A.; Golianu, Brenda
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 88
This practical reference is a comprehensive guide to the anesthetic and perioperative management of patients before and during all procedures performed by general and subspecialist surgeons requiring anesthetic management.
The book explains each procedure from both the surgeon and anesthesiologist perspectives, presents details on anesthetic technique, and guides the anesthesiologist and surgeon through the decisions that must be made before, during, and after surgery. Emphasis is on factors that impact the anesthesiologist, including patient positioning, duration of surgery, and complications.
New topics include: Irreversible Electroporation (IRE Ablation), ERCP, Management of the difficult airway, and Anticoagulation Guidelines for Neuraxial Procedures.
- Anesthetic Considerations are presented in templated format for both preoperative and intraoperative
- Concise treatment of all procedures, including subspecialties
- Each procedure is reviewed from both the surgeon's and anethesiologist's perspective
- Easy-to-review tables summarize each procedure
New to this edition:
- New procedures on ERCP, Irreversible Electroporation (IRE Ablation), Difficult Airway Management, and Anticoagulation Guidelines for Neuraxial Procedures
- Expanded discussion of intraoperative monitoring
Anesthesiologist's Manual of Surgical Procedures