Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 4th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Stewart, Julie
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody Core Title:
Comprehensive and practical, the freshly updated Anatomical Chart Company Atlas of Pathophysiology, 4th Edition, offers nearly 450 illustrations that demonstrate the causes, symptoms, and progression of more than 200 disorders.
Clear and simple explanations of each disorder are followed by rationales for proven clinical interventions. This backup to classroom texts is also a handy on-the-unit reference for nurses and other healthcare professionals, and support for patient education.
At-a-glance answers—and the right interventions—for more than 200 disorders in a quick-read format …
- NEW and updated content illustrating and explaining the most common conditions, with topics presented alphabetically:
-- Central concepts—cells, cancer, infection, genetics, and fluids and electrolytes
-- Disorders affecting each body system—respiratory, neurologic, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, hematologic, immunologic, endocrine, and reproductive—as well as renal, skin, and sensory disorders
- Each disease entry presents an introduction, causes, pathophysiology, complications, signs and symptoms, diagnostic test results, and treatment, with facing page showing a detailed illustration to help you visualize the disease process
- Easy-to-locate content in an easy-read template that tackles numerous topics found in daily practice, such as:
-- Diseases and disorders that need immediate attention, such as pulmonary embolism, depression, and glaucoma
-- The differences between prehypertension and Stage 1 hypertension
-- Which parts of the brain are affected by generalized seizures, as opposed to partial seizures
-- Lifestyle changes to recommend to a patient with high plasma glucose
-- The causes of carpel tunnel syndrome
- 450 large, detailed, full-color illustrations from Anatomical Chart Company to help you differentiate among symptoms and disorders that appear similar
- Icons that offer important tips, including:
-- Age Alert – how pathophysiologic processes—incidence, onset, and clinical appearance—appear in different age groups, such as aortic aneurysm, atypical myocardial infarction, and Parkinson’s disease
-- Clinical Tips – advice on areas such as improving auscultation in myocarditis, evaluating diagnostic test results in suspected spinal injuries, early recognition of life-threatening symptoms in myasthenia gravis, respiration changes in peritonitis, and more
-- Complications – identifies common progressions of untreated or worsening conditions
Anatomical Chart Company Atlas of Pathophysiology