Hospital Access Management is the only publication designed to provide the most practical, comprehensive, and accurate coverage on the full spectrum of access management challenges.
As hospitals continue to face the financial realities of skyrocketing health care costs and tighter reimbursements, the responsibilities of admitting professionals are expanding more than ever.
Hospital Access Management provides complete coverage on:
* HIPAA & Confidentiality — Comply with new HIPAA privacy and security regulations. Learn how to address staff concerns and training issues in your facility and implement standards to avoid accreditation problems and ensure privacy.
* Joint Commission — Get ready for a visit from a Joint Commission surveyor. Understand continuum-of-care issues, as well as record-keeping and departmental compliance procedures.
* Customer Service — Develop effective guidelines for dealing with customer service issues. Teach staff to handle a variety of patient needs and backgrounds. Find the balance between productivity and quality customer care.
* Billing, Reimbursement, & Denials — Learn how to streamline systems and educate staff to ensure billing accuracy, timely collections, and effective reimbursement procedures. Stay abreast of Medicare and Medicaid policies and procedures that affect your bottom line.
* Training, Education, Recruitment & Retention — Educate staff to ensure registration accuracy and regulatory compliance with examples from other facilities and staff education experts. Learn the most effective steps to attract and retain the best access professionals.
* Case Studies — Discover best-practice initiatives from other access departments that have tackled tough issues and developed systems that work.
* Bed Control — Learn to master the bed management juggling act. Hospital Access Management is your one-stop source for bed management techniques that will keep your facility running smoothly.