Editor(s): Ann Dietrich
Publisher: AHC Media, Inc.
This monograph offers fully referenced, meticulously written, in-depth reviews of current issues faced by physicians dealing with pediatric emergencies. Topics include airway emergencies, trauma, metabolic disorders, fevers, toxicology, and more.
The objectives of Pediatric Emergency Medicine Reports are to:
* recognize or increase index of suspicion for specific conditions;
* understand the epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, historical and physical examination findings associated with the entity discussed;
* correctly formulate a differential diagnosis and perform necessary diagnostic tests;
* apply state-of-the-art therapeutic techniques (including the implications of pharmacologic therapy discussed) to patients with the particular medical problems discussed;
* provide patients with any necessary discharge instructions.