Editor(s): Robert A. Hatcher
Publisher: AHC Media, Inc.
This publication provides objective analysis of the latest research and news on existing and emerging contraceptives so you can immediately apply what you’ve learned to patient care and counseling.
The reader receives practical, concise and authoritative coverage on:
* new research and educational tips on oral contraceptives, intrauterine contraception, and other existing contraceptives;
* cutting-edge reports on emerging and returning contraceptives, including the female condom, emergency contraception, and the sponge;
* latest studies on sexually transmitted diseases, including the impact of circumcision;
* advice that will help contain costs and avoid liability;
* updates on women’s health care, such as Pap smears;
* free educational handouts to distribute to patients.
The objectives of Contraceptive Technology Update are to:
* identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services;
* describe how those issues affect services and patient care;
* integrate practical solutions to problems and information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts.