Tap into the resource that brings together managers and directors nationwide to share strategies, insights, successes, and failures from inside the hospital walls and beyond. Hospital Case Management will give you an in-depth look at how your peers have attacked the development, implementation, and adaptation of case management programs.
Each monthly issue features:
* the most effective tips and techniques for discharge and transition planning;
* practical, straightforward advice from your peers on decreasing costs, managing length of stay, improving documentation, streamlining systems, and improving patient care;
* caseload/staffing data and sample job descriptions;
* outcomes measurement and management strategies that you can put to work today;
* tools and resources such as ""The Critical Path Network,"" which provides a new critical path each month that can be revised and adapted easily for use in your facility;
* updates on the latest Joint Commission requirements and guidelines you can use to ensure compliance.
The objectives of Hospital Case Management are to:
* identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the profession of case management;
* describe how those issues affect patients, case managers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general;
* cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions or other authorities.