Hospital Employee Health provides the critical information you need to administer an efficient and effective employee health program.
Each monthly issue of Hospital Employee Health is guaranteed to provide you with practical, objective, authoritative and concise coverage of the topics affecting you most, such as:
* OSHA’s latest compliance requirements for needle safety, TB exposure, and ergonomics;
* sample training policies for respirator-fit testing, needle safety devices, workplace violence, and hazardous materials;
* how to comply with Joint Commission requirements that cover employee health and infection control;
* how to avoid the transmission of SARS from patients to staff;
* how to improve employee compliance in TB skin testing, standard precautions, and immunizations;
* how to reduce occupational exposures to latex, bloodborne pathogens, and lifting injuries;
* the latest employee health and infection control guidelines and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The objectives of Hospital Employee Health are to:
* identify particular clinical, administrative, or regulatory issues related to the care of hospital employees;
* describe how those issues affect health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general;
* cite practical solutions to problems associated with the issue, based on overall expert guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or other authorities, or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
Hospital Employee Health