Healthcare Risk Management provides the most practical, authoritative guidance available for healthcare risk managers covering the broad range of challenges they face.
No other publication in health care offers more of the latest news, blended with dozens of ideas, strategies and recommendations for reducing a facility's risk and liability, including
* improving patient safety;
* complying with government programs such as EMTALA and HIPAA and making them work;
* reducing medical errors;
* staying on top of developing legislation and regulations;
* interpreting recent court decisions and determing whether they affect a facility, and if so, how.
The objectives of Healthcare Risk Management are to:
* describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care;
* explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients;
* identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they enounter in daily practice.