Thoroughly updated with the latest international evidence-based research and best practices, the comprehensive sixth edition of the American Society of Addiction Medicine’s (ASAM) official flagship textbook reviews the science and art behind addiction medicine and provides health care providers with the necessary information to not only properly diagnose and treat their patients, but to also serve as change agents to positively impact clinical service design and delivery, as well as global health care policy.
- Updated with the latest developments in Addiction Medicine and featuring chapters on emerging and high impact topics such as electronic cigarettes, cannabis as medicine, opioid overdose and opioid use disorder treatment, co-occurring pain and addiction, understanding addiction-related clinical trials, digital media as treatment platforms, TBI, neuromodulation, harm reduction, behavioral addictions, research behind spirituality and mutual help programs, co-occurring psychiatric disorders, and guidelines for using non-stigmatizing language.
- Covers all areas fundamental to Addiction Medicine, including neurobiology and pharmacology, epidemiology and prevention, management of intoxication and withdrawal syndromes, special populations, pharmacological and psychologically-based interventions, and medical consequences of addiction.
- Touches on international and military veteran-unique issues that are of special importance to the field.
- Brings together the world’s leading addiction medicine experts, editors, and contributors with expertise in internal medicine, psychiatry, emergency medicine, public health, neuroscience, pediatrics, obstetrics & gynecology, and other fields.
- Sought broadly as a critical textbook for graduate medical education, as well as for everyday clinical practice and policy-making, The ASAM Principles of Addiction Medicine, Sixth Edition is ideal for addiction medicine and addiction psychiatry fellows, residents, medical students, mental health practitioners, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, primary care physicians, researchers, and more.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Miller, Shannon C.; Fiellin, David A.; Rosenthal, Richard N.
Edition: 6th Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
ASAM Principles of Addiction Medicine, The
- Text-Atlas of Obstetric Dermatology
- Washington Manual of Outpatient Internal Medicine, The
- ICU Book, The
- Practical Guide to Joint & Soft Tissue Injections, A
- Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need, The
- Goodheart's Photoguide to Common Skin Disorders: Diagnosis and Management
- Sternberg's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology
- Lippincott's Primary Care Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Wintrobe's Clinical Hematology
- Sapira's Art & Science of Bedside Diagnosis
- Rosen's Breast Pathology
- Washington Manual of Critical Care, The
- Wallach's Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests
- Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics, The
- Rosen & Barkin's 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
- Principles and Practice of Palliative Care and Supportive Oncology
- Irwin & Rippe's Manual of Intensive Care Medicine
- Oncology in Primary Care
- Practical Guide to Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion & Topical Products, A
- DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology
- Rockwood and Wilkins' Fractures in Children
- Lippincott's Primary Care Orthopaedics
- Fundamentals of Sleep Technology
- Diabetes Management in Primary Care
- Resolving Ethical Dilemmas: A Guide for Clinicians
- Scott-Conner & Dawson: Essential Operative Techniques and Anatomy
- A to Z Drug Facts
- Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia
- Washington Manual of Pediatrics
- Michigan Manual of Plastic Surgery