Publication Year: 2007
Edition: 1st Ed.
Authors/Editor: Greer, David M.
This focused book deals clearly and concisely with the principles of management of patients with acute ischemic stroke (AIS), emphasizing the published and verifiable evidence in support of these principles, and highlighting the areas of limited evidence.
Acute Ischemic Stroke provides best evidence for the current standard treatment of acute ischemic stroke, including intravenous chemical thrombolysis, intra-arterial approaches, blood pressure management, and anti-thrombotic therapy. More modern techniques are also described, such as the use of mechanical devices to evacuate a thrombus, induced hypertension, hyper-oxygenation (hyperoxia), and neuroprotective or neuroregeneration agents.
* Focused on acute ischemic stroke, the most rapidly growing area of stroke management
* Evidence based: Provides best evidence for treatment
* Clearly discusses areas and topics where best evidence has not yet been established
* Lays out treatment plans and protocols in handbook fashion for ease of use and reference, even in emergency situations
* Includes latest and cutting-edge techniques and equipment for dealing with AIS