Publication Year: 2007
Authors/Editor: Deen, Darwin; Hark, Lisa
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 93
This timely paperback contains everything the primary care clinician needs to counsel patients on diet and lifestyle issues. Keep it close at hand for the frequent consultation it is sure to receive.
Clinicians and patients agree that primary care office visits should include routine nutrition assessment and counseling. But how do you fit it into an already crowded consultation? And what is the most up-to-date advice?
With the Complete Guide to Nutrition in Primary Care, Drs. Deen and Hark provide the necessary tools. This comprehensive overview of nutrition answers questions on:
* Nutrition as Preventive Medicine
* Nutrition through the Lifecycle
* Improving Health by Changing Diet and Lifestyle Behaviors
* Vitamins, Minerals, Dietary Supplements, and the Alternative
* Successful Changes to the Environment
Complete Guide to Nutrition in Primary Care