Publication Year: 2006
Authors/Editor: Hughes, Richard; Brainin, Michael; Gilhus, Nils Erik
The European Handbook of Neurological Management, published in collaboration with the European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS), is a unique book that brings together peer-reviewed guidelines for the treatment and management of neurological disease
For the first time, neurologists can find advice on management aspects of most neurological disorders that is either evidence-based or, where the evidence is inadequate, the consensus guidance of an international European panel of experts.
The guidelines fall naturally into sections that cover:
* Investigation: cerebrospinal fluid analysis, imaging, diagnostic antibodies and skin biopsy
* Major neurological diseases: stroke, migraine, Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, mild traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease
* Neuromuscular diseases: motor neuron disease, inflammatory neuropathy, muscular dystrophy and myasthenia gravis
* Infections: HIV infection and encephalitis
* Neurological problems: treatment of neuropathic pain, acute relapses of multiple sclerosis and status epilepticus, to name but a few
* Sleep disorders: Narcolepsy, other sleep disorders and restless legs syndrome
* Cognitive rehabilitation.
European Handbook of Neurological Management