Publication Year: 2010
Authors/Editor: McDonald, John W.; Burroughs, Andrew K.; Feagan, Brian G.
The only evidence-based resource combining gastroenterology and hepatology, this major textbook critically appraises the evidence for diagnosis, screening, and treatment of gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases, and provides clear recommendations for management.
A unique feature is the grading of both the evidence (randomized controlled trials, systematic reviews, or lower quality trials) and the treatment recommendations. This structure provides the reader with valuable guidance on implementation.
The third edition has been fully revised, providing the latest reviews of the evidence. It is also enhanced with new topics that have significant evidence for treatment, including;
- Esinophilic esophagitis
- Acute dysenteries
- Prevention and treatment of travellers’ diarrhoea
- Frequency of adverse drug effects on bowel function
- Management of hepatitis B
- Management of Hepatitis C
- Vascular disorder of the liver
- Non-invasive diagnosis of liver fibrosis
- Drug-induced liver disease