Publication Year: 2005
Authors/Editor: Faull, Christina; Carter, Yvonne H.; Daniels, Lilian
This handbook is a practical and comprehensive introduction to the field of palliative medicine, providing clear insight into many of the complex issues that arise in the delivery of palliative care and will be an invaluable resource to all disciplines involved in palliative care in hospital, hospice and community settings.
The second edition responds to evaluative comments on the first edition in strengthening its multidisciplinary focus and providing a broader professional approach through both the editorial team and contributors. It aims, as before, to embrace practical issues as well as to provide an evidence-based and empirical approach.
* Comprehensive and authoritative text with a very practical and thorough approach
* Written by competent experts in the areas of their contributions
* New sections on heart failure, respiratory failure and end-stage renal failure
* Coverage of medicine management and complementary medicine in palliative care
* Discusses important areas of audit and ethical issues in palliative medicinepirical approach.