Publication Year: 2003
Authors/Editor: Lemma, Alessandra
A clear and thorough introduction to techniques and practice issues, as well as basic theoretical frameworks, for beginners.
This practical textbook demystifies the practice of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
Alessandra Lemma, an experienced clinician, provides step-by-step guidelines and useful pointers to the various stages of therapy for novices and relative newcomers to the field. Introduction to the Practice of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy shows you:
* how to make a transference interpretation
* how to assess and formulate
* how to work with defences and manage endings
* how to listen to unconscious communication
* extensive case study examples.
This book is invaluable for students of clinical psychology at all levels, as well as psychotherapists, doctors, nurses, social workers and counsellors.
Introduction to the Practice of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy