Publication Year: 2004
Authors/Editor: Turnbull, John
Learning Disability Nursing explores the theory and practice of learning disability nursing, with an emphasis on understanding the experiences of learning disability nurses as they seek to practice effectively.
Learning disability nurses play a leading role in the care and support of people with learning disabilities. Learning Disability Nursing examines key issues faced by people with learning disabilities and those who support them and promotes the role of knowledgeable and reflective practitioners.
* Develops a framework for learning disability nursing practice
* Examines key issues for people with learning disabilities
* Identifies distinctive features of learning disability nursing
* Supports learning disability nurses in developing their roles and to support those with learning disabilities in exercising their rights.
* Explores ethical and moral dilemmas, challenges and successes
Learning Disability Nursing