Need to develop strong cardiac nursing skills or advance your practice to a higher level? The newly updated Cardiac Nursing, 7th Edition is the gold standard reference and on-the-unit resource, offering crucial guidance and direction for nurses looking to provide up-to-date, evidence-based cardiac care.
Designed for both new and experienced nurses, this is top-level, expert direction on developing care plans, performing assessments, interpreting labs, diagnosis, and more, making this the vital road map to safe, positive cardiac patient outcomes.
Delve into the seasoned expertise of this primary reference for cardiac nursing:
- NEW and updated easy-to-read content that reflects the newest developments and best practices in cardiac nursing
- NEW chapters include: Women and Heart Disease; Palliative Care in Cardiology; Quality, Economics and Policy in Cardiovascular Care; and Advanced Practice Cardiac Nursing
- NEW four-color design aids visual comprehension
- Chapter features include: Objectives, Clinical Questions and Key Questions, Key Takeaways, Case-Based Learning, ready-to-reference tables, figures, algorithms, and more
- Case Studies in each chapter – assist in developing critical thinking and clinical decision-making
- Checklists for basic cardiac care skills – taking accurate blood pressure measurement, developing care plans, patient teaching, and more
- Quick-reference tables that emphasize important concepts
- Lists the Standards of Cardiovascular Nursing Practice – assessment, diagnosis, outcomes Identification, planning, coordination of care, health promotion, consultation, ethics, and more
- Sections offer specific guidance on different aspects of care:
- Fundamentals of Cardiac Nursing – includes cardiac anatomy and physiology, systemic and pulmonary circulation and oxygen delivery, regulation of cardiac output and blood pressure
- Evaluation of the Heart and Heart Disease – includes history and physical exam, lab studies, radiologic exam, electrocardiography and cardiac rhythm, cardiac stress testing, and more
- Risk Assessment and Prevention of Heart Disease – includes psychosocial risk factors, obesity overview, exercise and activity, smoking cessation and effective treatment, hypertension, diabetes and more
- Pathophysiology and Management of Heart Disease – includes ischemic heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, valvular heart disease, adult congenital heart disease, cardiac arrhythmias, and more
- Expanding the role of the Cardiac Nurse – therapeutic intervention; disease management; global and population health; quality, policy and economics of cardiovascular care; leadership and team-based care
- Excellent teaching tool for training new cardiac nurses
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Perpetua, Elizabeth M.; Keegan, Patricia
Critical Care Medicine
Edition: 7th Ed.