Publication Year: 2014
Edition: 5th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Jay R. Harris MD; Marc E. Lippman; Monica Morrow MD; C. Kent Osborne MD
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 94
Ideal for any clinician seeing patients with breast disease, especially carcinoma of the breast, this full color 5th edition of the authoritative text in the field is designed to foster the understanding necessary to provide optimal patient care.
- The importance of effective communication between pathologists, breast imagers, medical geneticists, experts in nursing, psycho-social support, and rehabilitation, as well as surgical, medical, and radiation oncologists in providing optimal patient care is demonstrated.
- The latest major clinical trials are covered, along with the information they provide on early detection and management of breast cancer.
- Illustrations and tables that emphasize breast imaging, microscopic and gross histology, anatomy, and procedural technique enhance visual understanding.
- Algorithms on problem management in all aspects of breast disease from benign processes to breast carcinoma inform clinical practice.
- New chapters have been added on pathology of in situ carcinomas, prophylactic contralateral mastectomy, implications of obesity in breast cancer, and an overview of survivorship issues
- To keep perspectives fresh and updated, over one third of the authors are new to this edition
Diseases of the Breast