Publication Year: 2014
Authors/Editor: Grabinski, C. Joanne
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Describes a wealth of diverse career opportunities in gerontology and how to prepare for them.
This second edition encompasses career changes and opportunities resulting from the newly created Administration for Community Living, and those influenced by policy changes in Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Also new to the second edition are lists of gerontology professional organizations that can be helpful career search resources and links to professional organizations and other websites specific to each career profile.
Changes to the second edition include:
- Many new careers and their education requirements
- Updated job profiles including salary scales
- A description of three types of gerontology career paths and how to prepare for them
- Coverage of such emerging fields as entrepreneurial gerontology, global aging, journalism and aging, and urban gerontology
- Career changes resulting from policy changes in relevant government agencies
- Lists of professional organizations and websites specific to each career profile
- 13 new interviews and 12 interviews updated from first edition
- Information about national, international, and local gerontology organizations including student and new professional member sections
- Updated and expanded glossary of acronyms