Publication Year: 2006
Authors/Editor: Fitzpatrick, Joyce J.; Stone, Patricia; Walker, Patricia Hinton
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Supporting the urgent need for new patient safety guidelines and practices, ARNR Focus on Patient Safety, provides the most current and authoritative research and review to help decision makers develop new and much-needed standards and practices in nursing.
With contributions from experts in the field, this new up-to-date reference focuses on key disciplines and topics that are critical to patient safety today including:
* Patient safety indicators
* Medication errors
* Falls and injury prevention
* Hospital-acquired infections
* Patient safety in acute-care units in hospitals
* Medications in the perioperative environment
* Home visit programs for the elderly
* Nursing homes
* Informatics issues
* Organizational, climate, and culture factors
From new and emerging issues in patient safety to a review of research methods and measurement, this new 24th volume in the Annual Review of Nursing Research (ARNR) series continues to provide the highest standards of content and authoritative review of research for students, researchers, and clinicians.