Publication Year: 2009
Authors/Editor: Resnick, Barbara; Mitty, Ethel
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 94
This book provides a comprehensive overview of both management activities and clinical competencies for assisted living nurses.
The authors provide practical guidelines and decision-making models to help nurses address both the large- and small-scale challenges of their daily practice.
With Assisted Living Nursing, readers can gain the essential problem-solving and task management skills critical to their daily work. The contributors cover a wide range of topics, including:
* Ethics in nursing practice
* Regulatory oversight and reimbursement
* Organizational culture
* Leadership theories and styles
* Conflict resolution
* Finance and budget management
* Risk assessment
* Admission-transfer-discharge assessment
* Infection Control
* Cultural aspects of care
* Geriatric clinical syndromes and disorders
* Palliative and hospice care principles
* Rehabilitation/restorative nursing
* Theories of aging
Ultimately, this book serves as the definitive, one-stop resource, addressing virtually every topic of interest to assisted living nurses.