Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Kasper, Christine E.; Schneidereith, Tonya A.; Lashley, Felissa R.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody Core Title
Completely updated to help nurses learn to "think genetically".
This completely updated second edition encompasses the many recent advances in genetic research and knowledge, providing essential new information on the science, technology, and clinical application of genomics. It focuses on the provision of individualized patient care based on personal genetics and dispositions. The second edition is designed for use by advanced practice nursing programs, as well as undergraduate programs. It pinpoints new developments in prenatal, maternity, and pediatric issues and supplies new information on genomics-based personal drug therapy, environmental susceptibilities, genetic therapies, epigenetics, and ethics.
New to the 2nd edition:
- Completely updated
- Personal drug therapy based on genomics
- Environmental susceptibilities
- Prenatal detection and diagnosis
- Newborns and genetic screening
- Reproductive technologies
- Ethical issues
- Genetic therapies
- Includes content for graduate-level programs
- Encompasses state-of-the-art genomics from a nursing perspective
- Provides a practical, clinically oriented lifespan approach
- Covers science, technology, and clinical application of genomics
- Addresses prevention, genetic testing, and treatment methods
Lashley's Essentials of Clinical Genetics in Nursing Practice