Publication Year: 2009
Authors/Editor: Luber, Marilyn
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
This book serves as a one-stop resource where therapists can access a wide range of word-for-word scripted protocols for EMDR practice, including the past, present, and future templates. These scripts are conveniently outlined in an easy-to-use, manual style template for therapists, allowing them to have a reliable, consistent form and procedure when using EMDR with clients.
The book contains an entire section on the development of resources and on clinician self-care. There is a self-awareness questionnaire to assist clinicians in identifying potential problems that often arise in treatment, allowing for strategies to deal with them. Also included are helpful past memory, current triggers and future template worksheet scripts.
Key topics include:
* Client history taking that will inform the treatment process of patients
* Resource development to help clients identify and target their problems to regain control when issues appear overwhelming
* Scripts for the 6 basic EMDR Protocols for traumatic events, current anxieties and behaviors, recent traumatic events, phobias, excessive grief, and illness and somatic disorders
* Early intervention procedures for man-made and natural catastrophes
* EMDR and early interventions for groups, including work with children, adolescents, and adults
* Written workbook format for individual or group EMDR
* EMDR to enhance performance and positive emotion
Replete with detailed techniques, exercises, and scripts as developed by recognized EMDR experts, this book serves as a powerful resource for mental health practitioners and therapists using EMDR.