Publication Year: 2009
Authors/Editor: Luber, Marilyn
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 94
This book outlines some of the basic elements of the 11-Step Standard Procedure of EMDR and the Standard Three-Pronged EMDR Protocol. Unlike other EMDR books, however, this book focuses exclusively on applying EMDR scripted protocols to special populations.
Special populations discussed in this volume include children, adolescents, couples, and clients suffering from complex posttraumatic stress disorder, dissociative disorders, anxiety, addictive behaviors, and severe pain. This is a volume rich in wisdom and insight that every EMDR clinician working with special populations will need in his or her collection.
Key topics include:
* EMDR preparation, assessment, and desensitization phases for children
* Integrating EMDR into couples therapy
* EMDR protocol for treating sexual dysfunction
* EMDR-informed treatment approaches for dissociative disorders
* Clearing the pain of unrequited love with EMDR
* An EMDR approach to treating substance abuse and addiction
* EMDR for pain patients
* Self-care for EMDR practitioners