Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Kan, Eden Zabat; Stabler-Haas, Susan
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 86
Newly expanded and updated with a wealth of practical information, the third edition of this best-selling Fast Facts guide offers pragmatic advice on how to tailor teaching to nurses of various backgrounds in different clinical sites and specialties. It also addresses new requirements regarding online learning and hospital electronic documentation. In addition, by providing concrete tools for anxiety and stress reduction, this edition considers the importance of self-care.
Following the instructor from day 1 through an entire rotation, the book helps readers organize the clinical experience, develop effective relationships with staff at clinical facilities, make clinical assignments, plan orientation days, develop clinical rotations, and understand relevant legal issues. It covers key information about policies and procedures, from school to clinical site. Delivered in a concise, quick-access, easy-to-read format, the book helps both new and experienced instructors optimize the learning experience for their students. Substantially revised from earlier editions, the third edition includes:
- Descriptions on how to tailor teaching to various clinical sites, specialties, and different student populations
- Helpful stress- and anxiety-reduction tools for instructors and their students
- Coverage of the requirements of online learning and hospital electronic documentation
- Ways to retain clinical faculty
- Disseminates practical information in concise, quick-access “Fast Facts” style
- Useful for both novice and experienced clinical instructors
- Describes what every clinical instructor needs to know about policies and procedures, from school to clinical site
- Discusses documentation and student evaluations, student clinical conferences, and NCLEX preparation
- Reviews legal issues, including confidentiality and patient privacy