Publication Year: 2009
Authors/Editor: Boult, Chad; Giddens, Jean; Frey, Katherine; Reider, Lisa; Novak, Tracy
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Guided Care is an exciting, new team model used to provide medical care to clients with chronic conditions. This model involves adding a Guided Care nurse to the primary care practice team. It is also the most efficient, cost-effective way to respond to the needs of patients.
This book provides physicians, nurses, administrators, and leaders of health care organizations with step-by-step guidance on adopting Guided Care Nursing into their practice.
* Evaluating the primary care pratice's readiness to adopt Guided Care
* Preparing for adoption
* Integrating Guided Care into existing practices
* Hiring nurses for the primary care team
* Assuring financial viability
* Comparing Guided Care with other models
The future of primary care, and the quality of care for adults with chronic conditions, depends on finding approaches to improve efficiency and effectiveness. This book demonstrates that Guided Care yields the best outcomes for patients and for primary care at large.