Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 11th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Hawkins, Joellen W.; Roberto-Nichols, Diane M.; Stanley-Haney, J
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
The 11th edition of this classic guide for assessment and management of common gynecologic conditions by advanced practice nurses is updated with cutting-edge topics, new evidence-based guidelines, and current patient teaching materials to enhance excellence in clinical practice. This edition features a completely updated chapter on the well-woman annual exam, including issues about the care of older women, and extensive revisions throughout regarding contraceptive methods, CAMs, medical abortion, HIV/AIDS, HPV screening and vaccine recommendations, and much more.
Guidelines reflect ""best-practice"" standards of care culled from literature on evidence-based practice that help ensure improved patient outcomes. Expert contributors include prominent specialists from all areas of gynecologic health. Complete guidelines are presented in a format that includes definition, etiology, history, physical exam, laboratory exam, differential diagnosis, treatment, complications, consultation/referral, and follow-up.
New to the 11th Editon:
- Enhanced mental health chapter detailing the discontinuation of SSRIs/SNRIs
- Guidelines for management of cytological abnormalities and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia
- New information on menopause and osteoporosis
- Updated information on contraception based on patients' individual profiles and clinical data
- Revised information on natural family planning from an expert educator
- New data on the long-term effects of hormone replacement therapy
- Additional data-based evidence on over-the-counter remedies and nonprescription supplements
- New data on screenings for breast cancer
- New Pap smear guidelines across the life span
- Physical assessment of pelvic floor integrity and dysfunction
- Helpful techniques for difficult examinations
- Information on lesbian, bisexual, and transgender health concerns