Publication Year: 2006
Authors/Editor: O'Lynn, Chad; Tranbarger, Russell
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 97
For the first time, authors, educators and practicing nurses, Chad O'Lynn and Russell Tanbarger offer a unique insider's view to how men work, succeed, and survive in this fast growing segment of the healthcare industry.
From the barriers and stereotypes men must overcome, to the basic daily work needs they have as nurses, this book covers the entire spectrum of career-based issues men face today and have faced in the past.
Men in Nursing is the perfect guide for men seeking a career in this fast growing industry. From insider advice and real-life experiences, this new innovative and inspiring guide is a must-have for everyone involved in the field today.
* History-Presents an inspirational overview of the contributions men have made to the nursing field.
* Current Issues - Provides recommendations to address barriers such as reverse discrimination, workplace communication and leadership.
* Worldwide Perspective - Includes examples from countries outside the United States proving similarities and concerns exist throughout the world.
* Future Directions-Offers insight and solutions in order to grow and maintain the interest and enthusiasm of men for careers in nursing.
Essential data included:
* List of U.S. Nursing Schools for Men
* Curriculum Recommendations
* Top 10 Barriers Men Face
* Important Research Data