Publication Year: 2009
Authors/Editor: Hansen-Turton, Tine; Greiner, Philip; Miller, Mary Ellen; Deinhardt, Ann
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Wellness centers continue to play a key role in enhancing access to health care and providing high-quality care for patients. This National Nursing Centers Consortium Guide and Toolkit serves as a step-by-step guide to starting and sustaining an effective wellness center, whether non-profit or academic.
Written for nurse and health care leaders, nurse educators, and students, Nurse-Managed Wellness Centers demonstrates how to develop centers that provide important health promotion and disease prevention services to all populations. The contributors also share firsthand knowledge on how to address the challenges in developing wellness centers.
Get step-by-step guidelines on how to:
* Begin and maintain a wellness center
* Assemble an advisory or governing board
* Write business plans and secure funding in an era of funding challenges
* Develop and maintain community partnerships
* Address mental health challenges in wellness centers
* Document and measure patient outcomes
With this book, nurse and health care leaders will obtain the critical tools necessary to successfully develop, manage, and lead their wellness centers.