Publication Year: 2014
Authors/Editor: Allen, James E.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
This user-friendly guide has been updated to provide all of the requisite information needed by nursing home staff to prepare for a visit from federal surveyors.
It provides the most current federal guidelines and the procedures used by federal surveyors in certifying facilities for participation in Medicare and Medicaid funding. It describes every aspect and service of a nursing home that is subject to inspection and includes the nearly 20% of new requirements established during the past three years, with an emphasis on the new Minimum Data Set 3.0.
New features of eighth edition:
- Describes how to best use the updated manual
- Focuses on Minimum Data Set 3.0
- Explains clearly how to interpret the new requirements, 20% of which have been updated
- Presents new quality measures
- Includes new CMS forms
- Reflects changes in regulations regarding end-of-life care, nasogastric tube regulations, and rights to establish advance directives