Publication Year: 2013
Authors/Editor: Mruk, Christopher J.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
The book has been thoroughly updated to integrate positive psychology themes throughout and explain how self-esteem enhancement interventions fit into evidence-based practice.
This insightful work provides scholars, clinicians, and students with both an extensive overview of research and with Mruk's often-cited theoretical framework for self-esteem. Featuring the author's noted Competence and Worthiness Training program for enhancing self-esteem, this fourth edition reflects changes in the field by also including expanded coverage of:
- Self-esteem in relationships
- Validity issues in researching self-esteem
- The concept of authenticity in the self
- Self-esteem as a function of motivation and well-being
- Existentially oriented theory