Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 4th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Capezuti, Elizabeth A.; Malone, Michael L.; Khan, Ariba; Baumann, Steven L.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 91
Doody Core Title
This expanded, one-of-a-kind reference of more than 250 entries provides a comprehensive guide to all of the essential elements of elder care across a breadth of health and social service disciplines.
Responding to the needs of providers, directcare workers, family, and other caregivers, the diverse array of entries included in this encyclopedia recognize and address the complex medical, social, and psychological problems associated with geriatric care. In addition to a brief, accessible summary of each topic, entries include several key references, including web links and mobile apps for additional sources of information.
- Provides succinct descriptions of over 250 key topics for health and social service clinicians
- Offers crucial information for elder care providers across all settings and disciplines
- Distills current, evidence-based literature sources
- Written by nationally recognized expert researchers and clinicians
New to the Fourth Edition:
- New entries addressing Ethics Consultation, Eye Disorders, Pain - Acute and Chronic, and many others
Encyclopedia of Elder Care, The: The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric Health and Social Care