Publication Year: 2008
Authors/Editor: Marini, Irmo; Stebnicki, Mark
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
The Professional Counselor's Desk Reference (PCDR) is the first resource of its kind, serving as an authoritative guide for both pre-professionals working towards counselor licensure and certification, as well as seasoned counselors, counselor educators, clinical supervisors, psychologists, and social workers.
Drs. Marini and Stebnicki present this quick, user-friendly desk reference guide based on the core content and knowledge areas outlined in both the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP) and Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) accreditation standards.
With contributions from 95 experts in counselor education, research, and practice, this book includes:
* Bulleted ""how to"" strategies for working with clients under various models in counseling and psychology
* Easy-to-read tables, graphics, and figures to capture a holistic picture of specific client issues
* Guidelines for conducting interviews and assessments with culturally diverse clients, as well as treatment protocols that suggest evidence-based practices
* Discussions on counselor impairments such as empathy fatigue, and developing a plan of self-care to prevent counselor burnout
* A comprehensive self-exam of 323 multiple-choice items based on the CORE/CACREP core content and knowledge areas for counselor education and training
This invaluable reference guide is the most current source related to professional counseling issues, ethics, theories, and practices. Marini and Stebnicki provide a wide range of culturally diverse treatment approaches that will expand the counseling profession's knowledge, awareness, and skills.