Publication Year: 2017
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Alexander, Ivy M.; Johnson-Mallard, Versie
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Replete with vital information, the second edition of this authoritative women’s health text provides graduate nursing students and nurse practitioners with the resources to deliver optimal health to women of all ages. Edited by a team of highly distinguished clinicians, scholars, and educators, chapters retain a distinctive sociocultural lens that gives a view of women’s health as it relates to women’s lives and identities. Eighteen new chapters address clinical primary care topics, genetics, environmental and occupational health promotion, health considerations for female caregivers, transgender care, urologic health concerns, dementia care, and more.
This uniquely comprehensive resource examines women’s health through a variety of clinical practice and theoretical frameworks such as feminism, feminist theory, and globalization. The second edition retains the important focus on prevention, managing symptoms, and health problems that are unique to women. Chapters address relevant legal issues, health throughout the life span, nutrition and exercise, sleep difficulties, mental health, LGBTQ health, fertility, substance abuse, violence against women, and dozens of specific health disorders.
New to this edition:
* Updated to include the most current evidence-based, primary care management guidelines in women’s health
* Includes 18 new chapters addressing health promotion and symptom management
* Organized to enhance easy retrieval of numerous clinical topics
* Includes theoretical frameworks for women’s health, health promotion and prevention, and women’s health management
* Presents brand-new information on genetics, transgender health, endocrine-related problems, health considerations for caregivers, and dementia care