Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 3rd Ed.
Publisher: American Nurses Association, Inc
A detailed and practical discussion of the competent level of nursing practice and professional performance. It is a must-have for every registered nurse.
This keystone standard contains 17 national standards of practice and performance that define the who, what, where, when, why and how of nursing practice.
The scope and standards of practice inform and guide nursing practice and are often used as a reference for:
- Quality improvement initiatives
- Certification and credentialing
- Position descriptions and performance appraisals
- Classroom teaching and in-service education programs
- Boards of nursing members’ orientation programs and regulatory decision-making activities
It also outlines key aspects of nursings’ professional role and practice for any level, setting, population focus, or specialty and more!
Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice