Publication Year: 2015
Edition: 7th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Pizzo, Philip A.; Poplack, David G.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody Core Title:
This authoritative reference is the single most comprehensive resource on the biology and genetics of childhood cancer as well as its diagnosis, multimodal treatment, as well as long-term management of young patients with cancer. Also addressed are a broad array of topics on the supportive and psychosocial aspects of care of children and families. Covering virtually every aspect of the breadth and depth of childhood cancer, this 7th edition provides expert guidance on state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary care for children and families.
- Stay up to date with the most recent advances in the field with the contributions by new and returning contributors, including the perspective from patients and parents in the chapter titled “The Other Side of the Bed.”
- Chapters included on palliative care and education.
- Supportive care is covered broadly and specifically – in contexts such as emergencies, infectious disease, and nutrition.
- Benefit from completely new and updated information throughout.
- The most updated and authoritative information is provided by the leading experts in the field.
- Gain a thorough understanding of every aspect of pediatric oncology, with comprehensive information regarding basic science, diagnostic tools, principles of treatment, and clinical trials, as well as highly detailed, definitive coverage of each pediatric malignancy.
- Collaborate more effectively with others on the cancer care team to enhance quality-of-life issues for patients and families.
- Understand the cooperative nature of pediatric oncology as a model for cancer research with information from cooperative clinical trial groups and consortia.
Principles and Practice of Pediatric Oncology