In one comprehensive, highly regarded volume, Emergency Psychiatry: Principles and Practice brings together key principles from psychiatric subspecialties as well as from emergency medicine, psychology, law, medical ethics, and public health policy.
Leading emergency psychiatrists write from their extensive clinical experience, providing evidence-based information, expert opinions, American Psychiatric Association guidelines, and case studies throughout the text. This fully up-to-date second edition covers all of the important issues facing psychiatry residents and practitioners working in today’s emergency settings, or who encounter psychiatric emergencies in other medical settings.
- Provides complete, invaluable information on every aspect of today’s emergency psychiatry, including the areas of community, consultation/liaison, psychotherapy, substance abuse, psychopharmacology, disasters, children, geriatrics, administration, forensics, and much more.
- Reflects significant recent advances and changes in perspectives regarding crisis and emergency mental health care.
- Features a newly reorganized format covering Models and Standards of Patient Care, Research, and Education; General Principles of Care; Staffing and Support; Common Presenting Problems; Special Populations; and Policy and Special Topics.
- Includes new chapters on psychiatric boarding, staffing models, and inclusion of the family in crisis care, as well as additional special population chapters on college students, transgender individuals, prisoners, and immigrants and refugees.
- Covers specific approaches to common problems, such as alignment of the approach to agitation with Project BETA recommendations, and includes evidence-based management and treatment throughout.
- Discusses special topics such as legal issues that emergency mental health providers must be aware of, emergency telepsychiatry, best practices for working with police and law enforcement, crisis phone services, and disaster psychiatry.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Glick, Rachel Lipson; Zeller, Scott L.; Berlin, Jon S.
Emergency Medical Technology
Emergency Medicine & Trauma
Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Emergency Psychiatry: Principles and Practice