Publication Year: 2016
Edition: 5th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Kandarpa, Krishna; Machan, Lindsay; Durham, Janette D.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 87
Packed with useful information on common procedures in interventional radiology, this popular handbook has been thoroughly updated to keep you up to speed with rapid changes in the field.
Easy to carry and access, it covers everything you need to know: indications, contraindications, preparation, technique, post-procedure management, and prevention and management of complications. It’s ideal not only for practicing interventional and general radiologists, but also for fellows and residents in training, IR nurses, and special procedure technologists.
- Explains how to perform all current interventional radiologic procedures, with a practical focus on protocols and equipment.
- Includes new content on risk management, nursing management, and drugs and dosages.
- Features simple line drawings that illustrate relevant anatomy and procedures.
- Provides must-know information on vascular access and catheter-directed angiography, trans-arterial procedures, trans-venous procedures, non-vascular procedures, and intra-procedural patient management.
- 38 additional chapters, available online, cover noninvasive evaluation and diagnostic imaging, special interventions, materials and methods, risk management, and nursing management.