Publication Year: 2009
Authors/Editor: Carlstedt, Roland A.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
This book supports clinicians by disseminating important perspectives, research, and procedures.
To maintain the highest standards, allied health care practitioners must keep pace with evolving trends in diagnostics, interventions, and methodologies. This book provides an integrative roadmap that fosters interdisciplinary cooperation.
* Presents reviews of research on a broad selection of clinical disorders
* Includes a wide range of established and emerging diagnostic and intervention approaches
* Discusses viable evidence-based alternative treatment methods
* Critiques certain approaches, paradigms, and practices that may need to be revised
* Includes contributions from renowned psychologists, psychiatrists, and researchers
Clinicians, researchers, and students will find this book a valuable source for interdisciplinary practice and research. It facilitates a sorely needed move toward integrative practice in an era in which specialization pervades.