Publication Year: 2006
Authors/Editor: Cohen, Michael H.; Ruggie, Mary; Micozzi, Marc S.
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Based on interviews with over 20 health care providers and facilities who have successfully combined integrative medicine in their practices, this book outlines the pitfalls, legal road-blocks, and benefits of bringing complementary and integrative medicine into daily health care routines.
Topics addressed in this book include:
* What forces are driving the shift toward Integrative care
* The key legal issues governing individuals vs. institutions
* How established CIM institutions chose specific therapies, gained funding, and solved staffing issues
* The regulations for credentialing and how to comply
* Techniques for minimizing liability risks for institutions and individuals
* Strategies for effective informed consent
* Recommendations on dealing with the dietary supplement question