Publication Year: 2009
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Authors/Editor: Chatburn, Robert L.
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Doody's Star Rating®:Score: 98
Doody Core Title
This is a unique book on scientific research written for health care practitioners.
Using step-by-step guidelines, the text teaches students and practitioners to implement a research protocol and evaluate the results, even with no experience or formal training in the research process. It provides the basic tools to carry out and critically analyze the research data, from asking the initial questions to preparing a publication. The chapters are organized around the major steps in the research process, allowing the reader to sort through various research procedures easily. Statistical procedures are illustrated with actual examples from health care practice in this user friendly resource.
* Illustrates all statistical procedures with real world examples.
* Avoids complex statistical tables and calculations.
* Shows how to set up data for computer entry.
* Provides an extensive glossary.
* Shows model abstracts and a model paper as submitted to a medical journal plus.
* Gives questions at the end of each chapter with an appendix of all answers.
Handbook for Health Care Research