Publication Year: 2009
Edition: 4th Ed.
Authors/Editor: Baum, Neil; Henkel, Gretchen
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Bestselling guide to medical practice marketing including new topics and advanced techniques
This essential resource provides readers with the plans and real examples to market and grow a successful practice. It's filled with practical marketing tips and strategies based around five components of a successful practice: retaining current patients; attracting new patients; motivating staff; working with managed care and other physicians; and utilizing the Internet and consultants.
This book is the perfect resource for any physician in a single or group practice looking to improve their business and medical students learning how to develop a practice.
New topics to the fourth edition include:
* Internet and website strategies
* Professional consultants
* Marketing to the generations: Boomers, Seniors, GenXers
* Improving EMR efficiency
* Adding ancillary services
* In-office dispensing, advantages and risks
* How to reconfigure your space
* Natural disaster and technological disaster planning