Publication Year: 2012
Authors/Editor: Truglio-Londrigan, Marie; Lewenson, Sandra B.
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
With new chapters on disaster management, primary health care, and new technologies used in public health nursing and public health education, this newly revised edition is a must-have resource for students interested in public health nursing and education.
- Addresses the relevance of historical evidence in defining public health
- Explores the use of technology in public health - Provides the meaning of social epidemiology
- Offers an innovative assessment tool that uses Healthy People 2020 as its framework
- Focuses on 17 intervention strategies identified in the Population-Based Public Health Nursing Practice Intervention Wheel
- Examines how these interventions can be applied to the three levels of practice: individual/family, community, and systems
Public Health Nursing: Practicing Population-Based Care