Updated with many of the latest techniques, this second edition continues the focus on procedures that is the hallmark of the Master Techniques in Surgery series.
You’ll find plainly written details on some of the most common procedures, as well as relevant information on anatomy, patient outcomes to expect, required instruments, and more. Lavishly illustrated with original full-color drawings, the book is your go-to source for easy-to-follow and step-by-step procedural instructions!
- Now with a comprehensive section on oncoplastic breast surgery, including nine new chapters; Oncoplastic Breast Conservation Techniques in Upper Pole Lesions, Oncoplastic Breast Conservation Techniques in Lower Pole Lesions, Oncoplastic Breast Conservation Techniques in Subareolar Lesions, Combined Breast Conservation Techniques with Reduction Mammoplasty, Extreme Oncoplastic Techniques, Total Skin Sparing Mastectomy, Skin Sparing Mastectomy for the Pendulous Breast, Goldilock's Mastectomy, and Alternatives to Tissue Rearrangement.
- Features a significantly updated chapter on skin and soft tissue resection, with content from a new contributor.
- Discusses common and not-so-common procedures, such as biopsy, lymph node mapping and dissection, mastectomy, breast reconstruction, and more.
- Expert-driven guidance on anatomy, indications and contraindications, preoperative planning, complications, and follow-up is also included.
- Each chapter ends with Pearls and Pitfalls—brief nuggets of wisdom to ensure a successful procedure.
- Easy-to-follow bulleted writing style and step-by-step instructions help you to replicate procedures in an actual surgical setting.
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Product Type: Book
Author/Editor: Bland, Kirby I.; Klimberg, V. Suzanne
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Edition: 2nd Ed.
Doody's Star Rating®:
Master Techniques in Surgery: Breast Surgery